10 Facts About Me
Welcome to my world! If you’re here, obviously you know I’m a wedding photographer. Photography is truly my first love, but there’s a lot more to me than my camera! Here are a few facts to get to know who I am!
1. Music is a huge part of my life. I play piano, guitar and I sing! I participated in choir all throughout high school, was in an alternative indie band for a little while, and even won my high school talent show my junior year.
2. I grew up in Escondido, CA, a city in Northern San Diego County. I love and miss home, particularly during the long Idaho winters. Growing up, there always was a swimsuit in the back of my car and street taco shops were a way of life. Also, it’s CALIFORNIA. Not “Cali” or “SoCal” ;)
3. I’m a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I was raised with it’s principles and came to find it’s truthfulness for myself over the course of my life. I know it’s teachings are true, I live them the best I can, and I love the peace this gospel brings to mine and my family’s lives.
4. I am the oldest of three children. I have a younger brother who is 19 and a younger sister who is 15 (going on 25) ;)
5. Disneyland is my favorite place in the world. When I was around a year old, I lived super close to Anaheim, home of the famous mouse. My mom and I had annual passes, so we would visit Disneyland every Wednesday to hear the Princess stories. It’s not even an exaggeration that I learned to walk on Main Street USA.
6. I drove a convertible VW bug in high school named Chuck. Being obsessed with the TV show, “Chuck,” the name only seemed fitting (nerd herd squad, anyone?). I loved that car and miss it to this day. It gives me the warm fuzzies when I get to drive it when I visit home.
7. My husband and I have been married for almost 3 years. We were married in the Provo City Center Temple in Provo, UT in May 2016. Within the first year of our marriage, we traveled to three countries. Before then, I had never even had a passport. Now we are huge travel junkies and our bucket list is practically a mile long! You can check out some of the places we want to visit here.
8. We are expecting our first child the first part of June. It’s a little boy and we couldn’t be more thrilled! He’ll be the first grandchild on my side of the family and the first grandson on Cody’s side (of soon to be 8 nieces)! He’s going to have lots of little mama’s and we can’t wait for our Little Dude to join our family.
9. My secret confession is that I can crochet. I learned when I was 14, lost track of the skill throughout high school and college, and recently picked it back up. It was just like riding a bike. It came back quickly, and Cody had no idea I knew how to crochet. It was hilarious to see his reaction when he saw me actually being successful with it and actually spending more than 5 minutes working at it to refresh my memory.
10. The key to my heart is a good macaron. I can’t make them to save my life, but bring me one (or a dozen) and I’ll be your best friend. If you’re searching for brownie points, a bottle of Sprite never hurt. ;)